Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fortune Cookies



I was making Chinese food the other night and remembered seeing a recipe for making fortune cookies on a blog. I thought the girls would think they were fun, so I gave it a shot. Here's the link if you want the recipe: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2010/02/fortune-cookies/
Here's how they started out. Just a smear of batter on a cookie sheet.
Then they came out of the oven like this:
I VERY quickly put the fortunes in and shaped them
And here's the final product
They weren't as bad as regular fortune cookies, but not as yummy as a normal cookie either, so don't expect miracles. But they were fun to do, and made my Chinese meal seem a bit more official. :)

Oh, and Everett ate with us at the table for the first time ever. We started rice cereal a few days ago, but this was the first time he sat in the booster seat at the table. Such a big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment