Monday, June 14, 2010

Name

So my husband has decided to change his name. Well really to change his name back. It has something to do with his 30th birthday looming and not wanting to have a silly nickname as an old man. For 10 years I've been calling him "Philly", which was a college nickname that he never imagined would follow him so far into adult life. Its definitely my fault that it has. If he hadn't married someone who knew him as Philly he certainly wouldn't have continued to introduce himself that way! And in all honesty, he has suggested trying to make the switch before and I discouraged it. But this time I'm trying to be an encouraging wife. So if he hasn't told you already, he wants to be called "Joseph" (that's his given name if you don't know)from now on. I haven't decided if I'm making the switch or not. 10 years. That's hard to change!


3 comments:

  1. Ryan wants to know if he can use the name Philly since it's available now. He says he has a couple more years until his 30th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed you said "Joseph" a couple of posts earlier and I figured it couldn't be an accident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh used to call him Joseph a lot. Everyone of his Furman friends whose real name I knew he called by their nickname but the one whose nickname I knew he called by his real name. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete